hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ajit Ratnaparkhi <ajit.ratnapar...@gmail.com>
Subject help needed regarding hadoop development
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:42:47 GMT
Hi all,

I am a student of IIT, Bombay India.
We are doing research on Distributed File System, in which we are
experimenting some design modifications to HDFS.
We have done some modification to the HDFS code, and we want to test the
results.

We are new to hadoop development, can you please help us in following matter,

1. Can you tell the exact compilation procedure of Hadoop so as to reflect
any modification to the code in behaviour of system.
2. Is there any debug tool or procedure?
3. As we are interested in only HDFS part of hadoop(not map-reduce), Is it
possible to separate HDFS module from hadoop and how to do that? We want
to write programs which will directly use apis provided by HDFS.

thanks a lot,
-Ajit.