hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Should we continue to support Windows?
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:14:10 GMT
We either support it or we don't.  "Unofficial" support is no
support.  Defining "badly break" will be impossible.

If we support it, we must have all unit tests passing on Windows
before releases.

If we don't support it, contributors are welcome to submit patches to
fix issues for Windows as they find them.

Nige