hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject I dont understand all the datanode address values
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:05:19 GMT

I've just opened and then invalided a bugrep, which is due to me getting
confused about the various datanode addresses.

Can I list them and clarify my assumptions

dfs.datanode.http.address   serves up the files over HTTP
dfs.datanode.https.address same, but over HTTPS
dfs.datanode.address  DataXceiverServer for client and other datanodes
	"This small server does not use the  Hadoop IPC mechanism."
dfs.datanode.ipc.address IPC address for the RPC channel that is not
listening for incoming commands, just talking to the namenode and
awaiting responses.

Is this right?