hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "heyongqiang" <heyongqi...@software.ict.ac.cn>
Subject Re: RE: Hadoop Beijing Meeting has successfully concluded!www.hadooper.cn is ready now.
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 06:22:13 GMT
hi,Doug Cutting
   We translated some documents, some on the www.hadooper.cn site some not. we build this
website wishing we could form a powful hadoop community in china.
Besides translating, we also focuse on the improvements contributed by companies in china.
 Also we are planning to host open source projectes related to hadoop on this website.

heyongqiang
2008-12-02

From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Doug Cutting
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 1:04 PM
To: core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop Beijing Meeting has successfully concluded! www.hadooper.cn is ready now.

It looks as though you have translated some Hadoop documentation.  Is
that right?  It would be great to get your translations included in
Hadoop distributions.  Perhaps you could convert these to Forrest format
and attach them to an issue in Jira?

I note that the Apache HTTPD project has many documentation committers.
  If Hadoop finds folks willing to maintain translations then we should
consider adding them as committers.

Doug