hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Feature Designs and Test Plans
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:40:23 GMT
 > Is there an assumption that, before the patch is committed, that the
 > tests in the plan will be implemented and passed?
 > Are these to be
 > automated tests, with the goal that we'll end up with automated
 > regression tests for all features?

1. I think we should have a requirement to have all tests that could be
automated be automated and implemented as JUnit tests.
Some tests cannot be automated and may require manual testing or testing
on a large scale, which developers may not have access to.

2. Therefore, we may have to commit before the entire test plan is completed.
But the plan should be developed.

Konstantin