hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Dashboard and XML Status Feed
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:38:36 GMT
One thing that popped into my head when I saw this subject line was "Hadoop node status published
as RSS" - for those who spend a lot of time in their feed readers or for easy integration
this might be useful.  And maybe something you can easily provide since it sounds like you
already have XML generation.

Otis

________________________________
From: James Wilson <james.wilson@asolutions.com>
To: core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:27:57 PM
Subject: Hadoop Dashboard and XML Status Feed

I'm leading a small team that is interested in contributing some work we are doing to enhance
the information available from the jetty instance inside JobTracker.  Our end goal is an Ajax
enabled dashboard.  We are using Google Web Toolkit for the dashboard.  We are currently working
on the dashboard in a separate project space.  Our enhancements to hadoop are for a new web
context, servlet,  supporting classes, and JSPs to serve generic xml in a RESTful fashion
(that the GWT consumes and displays).

If you're interested in the idea as a contribution, I'd be happy to share all the details
of our design.

Thank you,

James Wilson
Asynchrony Solutions, Inc