hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Traverso" <mtrave...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-language serialization discussion
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2008 03:18:37 GMT

> Indeed.  And with Java, it might be nice to have the ability to read
> objects
> as dynamic objects without generating code.

FWIW, I'm working thrift-based serializer for Java that does something like
that. It can parse Thrift IDL files and serialize/deserialize from or into
arbitrary java objects. The serializers & deserializers are generated on the
fly with ASM and do not rely on reflection or map lookups, so their
performance is pretty close to what you get with pre-generated Thrift
classes.

I'm planning to contribute the code to Thrift once it's in reasonable shape.

Martin