hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "chaitanya krishna" <chaitanyavv.ii...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help: How to change number of mappers in Hadoop streaming?
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:59:43 GMT
Hi,

 In order to have different number of map tasks for each of the jobs, in the
run method of the code , I had the following syntax:

conf.setNumMapTasks(num); // for number of map tasks

conf.setNumReduceTasks(num); // for number of reduce tasks

conf is the JobConf object and num is the number of map tasks/reduce tasks
that are to be had for the job. It worked for me, hope it works for you. :)

btw, i'm using hadoop-0.17.0. I'm not sure if there is any deprecation of
these methods in later versions.

V.V.Chaitanya Krishna
IIIT,Hyderabad
India