hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Latha <usla...@gmail.com>
Subject Facing issues Integrating PIG with Hadoop.
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:02:25 GMT
Hi All

Am a student trying to integrate PIG and Hadoop technologies to build a
custom application as a part of my MS project.
Am trying out a simple scenario where I have setup a single node hadoop
cluster and trying to execute the pig script "script1-*hadoop*.*pig" *mentioned
in the pig tutorial.

Am hitting several issues like "Failed to create data storage "etc.
Had posted same to the groups already.
http://www.nabble.com/Integration-of-pig-and-hadoop-fails-with-%22Failed-to-create-DataStorage%22-error.-td18931962.html

Could you please suggest me the proper steps to integrate  pig and hadoop.
Right now, am following the below ones.

1) Have downloded latest source for hadoop and PIG
2) Compiled hadoop and started single node cluster
3) Compiled PIG and replaced the hadoop class files with the new ones from
step 2 in the pig.jar
4) executing the pig script by setting HADOOPSITEPATH

Please let me if the above steps needs are incorrect (or) should i use any
specific pig and hadoop versions? We are stuck up with the errors. Request
you to pls help in resolving the same.

Thankyou
Srilatha