hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: prohibit jira comment edits
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:26:54 GMT
Owen O'Malley wrote:
> I'm in favor of leaving edits enabled and just use social engineering.

Why have you changed your mind?  Why do you think social engineering
will work now?  It has not in the past.  Despite regular complaints over
the years, edits have proceeded at a steady pace:

   http://tinyurl.com/489jyw

Also, what reasonable uses are there for comment editing?  Social
engineering would be appropriate if there were common cases where
editing a comment is defensible, but, in a project where it must be
possible to track issues through mailing lists, I think there's simply
no place for comment editing.

Doug