hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Lots of connections from datanodes in TIME_WAIT
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:38:53 GMT

Thats ok. Its a normal TCP state for the closed connections. There is
probably some OS level setting to reduce the amount of time these
connections stay in this state.

It does not indicate a bug in application.

Raghu.

damien.cooke@internode.on.net wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have a 10 node cluster and I noticed that there are a large number of connections
in TIME_WAIT status,  over 400 to more precise.  Does
> anyone
> else see so many unclosed connections or have I done something wrong in my config.  It
appears to be coming from and going to other