hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From damien.co...@internode.on.net
Subject Re: Re: Lots of connections from datanodes in TIME_WAIT
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:23:39 GMT
As it tuns out this is clearly not an issue.  We have a machine here with 30,000 connections
in TIME_WAIT and the admin of that machine said
there is little or no performance issues until the number raises over 10,000.  So my mere
400 seems quite pathetic really :)  Thanks to all those
that assisted me.  I really appreciate it.

Best Regards
Damien

On Wed 17/09/08  6:18 AM , "Ted Dunning" ted.dunning@gmail.com sent: