hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Dunning" <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: porting HDFS to Zookeeper??
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 00:07:00 GMT
The idea of using zookeeper to coordinate multiple namenodes which handle
different parts of the name-space would be nice as well.

Using zookeeper as it currently is to replace the name node is probably a
non-starter because zookeeper keeps everything in memory which means that
there would be no win in terms of number of files.

--
ted