hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Sangmin Lee" <sangmin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: porting HDFS to Zookeeper??
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:41:34 GMT
Thank you for the replies.
I meant porting HDFS to Zookeeper to make namenode fault-tolerant and highly
available rather than the simple usage of Zookeeper. Basically by storing
namespace metadata in Zookeeper, we may be able to get highly available
replicated namenodes. So I meant using Zookeeper as frontend of HDFS. Anyway
it seems to me that there has been no actual work going on regarding this,
isn't it? :-)

-sangmin