hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Jinqiang Gao" <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Build Chinese hadoop mirror site
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 21:35:22 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for spam, I don't know who I should send to.

In Alibaba Group which owns Yahoo China now, several Hadoop clusters are
built and they plan to migrate more applications into Hadoop. A team was
built recently and the major job is supporting hadoop in the whole
group. At the mean time,  we also want to contribute to Hadoop. First,
we want to build a Chinese Hadoop mirror site. We believe this site will
help more Chinese engineers learn and use Hadoop. Any comments? Can we
get grant?

Information about Alibaba:
http://www.alibaba.com/aboutalibaba/aligroup/index.html

Thanks