hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Chanchal James" <chanc...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about Hadoop
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:03:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a question about Hadoop. I am a beginner and just testing Hadoop.
Would like to know how a php application would benefit from this, say an
application that needs to work on large number of image files. Do I have to
store the application in HDFS always, or do I just copy it to HDFS when
needed, do the processing, and then copy it back to the local file system ?
Is that the case with the data files too ? Once I have Hadoop running, do I
keep all data & application files in HDFS always, and not use local file
system storage ?

Thank you.