hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: QUESTIONS word count
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:37:50 GMT
Howdy!

You could certainly use Hadoop to do indexing, if you're building a search
engine.

But if you're asking, "will using Hadoop help me increase my search engine
ranking on some existing search engine", then no.  Hadoop is a piece of
fairly low-level infrastructure, and doesn't give you any sort of direct
access to the search engine indexes at Yahoo! or elsewhere.

I hope that helps!

--Ari