hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Naama Kraus" <naamakr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Development environment recommendations
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 06:17:29 GMT
Thank Lukas and the others who replied to my question.

One question is regarding Windows. I understand Linux is the platform to use
for running Hadoop in production, but I thought Windows is ok for
development. Isn't it so ? Isn't the code written in Java which is platform
independent ? What difficulties should I expect if I develop in Windows
(+Cygwin) ?

Thanks, Naama

--
oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo
00 oo 00 oo