hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on HiddenFileFilter Patch
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:10:56 GMT
Michael Gottesman wrote:
> Hello. I finished the hidden file filter patch off of the latest trunk
> (in case you are curious here it is in pastie http://pastie.org/223722).

Please develop this as an issue in Jira, attaching patches there.

Looking at your patch, I would prefer to make HIDDEN_FILE_FILTER a
public constant in FileInputFormat, rather than adding a new public class.

> This worries me since the impetous for this error is to fix a problem in
> a nutch patch so that nutch is compatible with hadoop-0.17.0.

0.17 and 0.18 are both closed to new features like this.  So the patch
should be against trunk and will be included in 0.19.  Nutch should
work-around the issue in the meantime.  Sorry!

Doug