hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom White" <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: SVN commit restored [READ ONLY AGAIN]
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 09:45:42 GMT
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Philip M. Gollucci <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
Date: Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: SVN commit restored [READ ONLY AGAIN]
To: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
Cc: committers@apache.org

Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I say tentatively because this is the same config we
> were using when this installation first crashed, so
> there may be brief periods of downtime while we
> recover.  But I don't expect any unrecoverable errors at this point.

 SVN is back to read only.

 The issue we feared in the original config has come back to haunt us.
 ZFS is experiencing out of memory errors; thus panicing the kernel.

 The debugging kernel broke to the kernel debugger this and we can
barring other issues conclusively isolate the issue to this problem.

 We are kernel recompiling the kernel to load a lower address then
 allocate more memory for ZFS use.

 Thanks for your patience.

 1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

 Work like you don't need the money,
 love like you'll never get hurt,
 and dance like nobody's watching.