hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Ahmad Humayun" <ahmad.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop and VMware
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:33:54 GMT
Hi there,

Has anybody tried running Hadoop on VMware (6.0). I have installed open SUSE
10.2 as a guest OS....and I have been trying to get Hadoop started, but
whatever I do with bin/hadoop, I keep getting this error:
*Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not create the Java virtual machine.*

Any ideas? Is it a problem with VMware? Or maybe my java environment setup?
Or I'm simply doing something wrong in setting up Hadoop?

Thanks again!

Regards,
--
Ahmad Humayun