hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] hadoop release process changes
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 22:42:48 GMT
All,

I'd like to propose a change to our Feature Freeze schedule for Hadoop.

Currently, we freeze on the first Friday of January, April, July, and
October.  This schedule causes us to run into holidays right before
these freeze dates.  For instance, due to new years holidays, the
January freeze slipped a number of weeks.

I'd like to propose we move up the Feature Freeze 1 month to the
first Friday in March, June, September and October to avoid these
problems.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Nige