hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: New jira fields
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 03:06:15 GMT
For these new fields, here are the relevant changes that I made to

If your patch creates an incompatibility with the latest major
release, then you must set the Incompatible change flag on the
issue's Jira 'and' fill in the Release Note field with an explanation
of the impact of the incompatibility and the necessary steps users
must take.

If your patch implements a major feature or improvement, then you
must fill in the Release Note field on the issue's Jira with an
explanation of the feature that will be comprehensible by the end user.

Here are the relevant changes that I made to http://wiki.apache.org/
hadoop/CodeReviewChecklist

Once the review is complete (which means all suggestions from
previous reviews have been satisfactorily incorporated and you
believe the patch is ready to commit) then please set the Reviewed
flag on the issue's Jira.

Cheers,
Nige