hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Li" <annndy....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to find out name node is running
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:54:22 GMT
I believe this class is the one you are looking for.

org.apache.hadoop.dfs.namenode.metrics.NameNodeStatistics

I just went through the API list from the website 0.16.0 and found this one.
A blunt guess is that if you can invoke these method and get a response,
then you can probably assume the namenode is alive.  But you will need to
do some code hacking to figure out how to use it and study it a little bit
to understand
what is going on underneath to confirm.  Just a reference.

-Andy