hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I tell that I have "permission denied" error returned to me
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:40:08 GMT
This is a shortcoming of Hadoop RPC.  Ideally exceptions thrown on the
server would be re-thrown on the client, but the concern is that their
class might not exist there, so we instead transmit the just class name
and the error string and do not attempt to re-throw the original
exception and instead throw a RemoteException.  HDFS could patch around
this, but it would really be best to fix it in the RPC layer.

Doug