hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: add incompatible flag to Jira
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:14:47 GMT

I think our current definition of a 'Incompatible Change' is so broad
that it is not useful for a user. I never understood why a protocol
version change should be in that list (I know, technically it is
incompatible).

Also automated release notes can never come close to human generated
release notes, however incomplete the human generated version is.

+1 if this is just a guideline and Hadoop requires a (not very long)
human generated end-user friendly release notes.

Raghu.