hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.16.1 (candidate 0)
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:53:36 GMT
Nigel Daley wrote:
> I've created a candidate build for Hadoop 0.16.1.  Note that 3 HBase
> unit tests fail on my machine with this build, but I'm not sure that
> matters now that HBase is a sub-project with a separate release.

Sorry about the failures.  Is it too late to fix/remove them?

As I understood it, there was a rough agreement that hbase would be
hacked from 0.16 branch after our first release of hbase out of our new
home over at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hbase.   Its
looking like we are about a week away.  Should we just go ahead and
remove hbase now from core before the 0.16.1 release?

Thanks,
St.Ack