hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From lohit <lohit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [core] dfs.getFileCacheHints () returns an empty matrix for an existing file
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:14:49 GMT
Hi Alfonso,

which version of hadoop are you using. Yesterday a change was checked into trunk which changes
getFileCacheHints.

Thanks,
Lohit

----- Original Message ----
From: Alfonso Olias Sanz <alfonso.olias.sanz@gmail.com>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org; core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:51:08 AM
Subject: [core] dfs.getFileCacheHints () returns an empty matrix for an existing file

HI there,

I am trying to get the hostnames where  a file is contained
      dfs.getFileCacheHints(inFile, 0, 100);

But for a reason I cannot guess, some files that are in the HDFS the
returning String[][] is empty.

if I list the file using bin/hadoop -ls path | grep fileName   The file appears.

Also I am able to get the FileStatus dfs.getFileStatus(inFile);

What I am trying to do is for a list of files, get the hostnames were
the files are phisically stored.

Thanks
alfonso