hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject How can I tell that I have "permission denied" error returned to me
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:30:00 GMT
Hi,

In my code, I want to be able to differentiate access control problems
and give a meaningful message to the users. I noticed that in this case
org.apache.hadoop.fs.permission.AccessControlException is thrown but
then it gets wrapped into other exceptions such as java.io.IOException
or org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.

One way to figure it out is to recursively check for the cause of the
exception to be of type
org.apache.hadoop.fs.permission.AccessControlException. Is this the
right/best way to go about it?

Thanks,

Olga