hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Ahmad Humayun" <ahmad.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: libhdfs v.s. hadoop's hdfs
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:27:26 GMT
Thanks Arun for the comment :) That actually explains how the libhdfs code
is minute.

So, okay, does that mean that when using the compiled libhdfs.so, it call
dfs code to be run on JVM through JNI? If anyone has played with libhdfs,
can they tell that do they somehow have to specify where the original hadoop
code is lying while using libhdfs.so

thanks,

regards,
Ahmad H.