hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Ahmad Humayun" <ahmad.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject libhdfs v.s. hadoop's hdfs
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:07:11 GMT
Hi there,

I was just playing with libhdfs and couldnt help see the differences it has
with the hadoop.dfs package. The hadoop.dfs seems to be much more intensive
then ifs c++ counterpart, libhdfs, on the amount of functionality it offers.
Hmm.. am I wrong here?....am I looking at things the wrong way? Is libhdfs
is cut-down part of hadoop.dfs. If so, what functionality I'll miss out on
by using libhdfs.

Which files in the hadoop.dfs package provide similar functions as libhdfs.
In other words where in the dfs package I should look for an "apples to
apples" comparison with the libhdfs.

thanks,
--
Ahmad Humayun