hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "dhruba Borthakur" <dhr...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop research
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:25:12 GMT
Hi Jaideep,

You might have already seen it, but here is the location of a few
presentations describing  Hadoop design:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopPresentations

Here is another document that describes Hadoop file system:
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/hdfs_design.html

hope it helps,
dhruba

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaideep Dhok [mailto:jaideep.dhok@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:42 AM
To: core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: pvvpr@iiit.ac.in
Subject: Hadoop research

Hello,
I am a graduate research student  in CS at the Search and Information
Extraction Lab, in IIIT Hyderabad, India (http://search.iiit.ac.in). I
have
been working on Nutch and Hadoop for the past couple of months,
basically to
get an understanding of the platform, and to discover possible research
areas for my thesis work. Most of the time I have been playing with the
Hadoop code base, and by now I am pretty much familiar with the
internals
(especially the Map-Reduce part).

I have been reading publications related to Map-Reduce and the Google
file
system etc, and I am still looking for interesing research topics. I was
wondering if anyone would like to share/suggest any ideas related to the
Hadoop plaform. Any suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaideep Dhok,