hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Daming Wang <Daming.W...@autodesk.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop research
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 03:02:40 GMT
How about combine the decentralized strategy to improve HDFS? Something like o(N) DHT architecture
used by the Amazon s3
Of course, using decentralized method to change hadoop will cause huge work, but it is a good
direction if as a research topic I think...

Best wishes
Daming

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaideep Dhok [mailto:jaideep.dhok@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 1:42 AM
To: core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: pvvpr@iiit.ac.in
Subject: Hadoop research

Hello,
I am a graduate research student  in CS at the Search and Information
Extraction Lab, in IIIT Hyderabad, India (http://search.iiit.ac.in). I have
been working on Nutch and Hadoop for the past couple of months, basically to
get an understanding of the platform, and to discover possible research
areas for my thesis work. Most of the time I have been playing with the
Hadoop code base, and by now I am pretty much familiar with the internals
(especially the Map-Reduce part).

I have been reading publications related to Map-Reduce and the Google file
system etc, and I am still looking for interesing research topics. I was
wondering if anyone would like to share/suggest any ideas related to the
Hadoop plaform. Any suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaideep Dhok,