hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhu Huijun" <nautilu...@gmail.com>
Subject IncorrecteVersionException in installing Hadoop
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:00:51 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem running Hadoop on our cluster. After I formated the
namenode by executing "./bin/hadoop namenode -format", and started the dfs
by executing "./bin/start-dfs.sh", I can access the webpage of namenode at
http://localhost:50070, but the number of live data nodes is 0. If I run
"./bin/stop-dfs.sh", there are messages of "no datanode to stop" after each
ip addresses of the slave nodes listed in the /conf/slaves file. I found the
following error in the log files:

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode:
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.IncorrectVersionException: Unexpected version of
storage directory /tmp/hadoop-zhuhj/dfs/data. Reported: -11. Expecting =
-10.

However, I check the file of /tmp/hadoop-zhuhj/dfs/data/current/VERSION, it
says  "layoutVersion=-10".

I appreciate that anyone can give me some hint about what the problem is.
Thanks!

Best wishes!