hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hadoop is a TLP
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:20:09 GMT
Congratulations, All.

Hadoop has grown into a wonderful project, and I eagerly anticipate the
upcoming releases.

Thanks for all you've contributed to the distributed data processing
community. Some folks at my job are seriously taking a look at how best to
leverage the software you've all developed, and points of infusion.

Cheers,
  Chris

On 1/16/08 1:26 PM, "Doug Cutting" <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

> Apache's board this morning voted to make Hadoop a top-level project
> (TLP).  The initial project management committee (PMC) for Hadoop will
> be composed of the following Hadoop committers:
>
>   * Andrzej Bialecki             <ab@apache.org>
>   * Doug Cutting                 <cutting@apache.org>
>   * Nigel Daley                  <ndaley@apache.org>
>   * Jim Kellerman                <jimk@apache.org>
>   * Owen O'Malley                <omalley@apache.org>
>   * Enis Soztutar                <enis@apache.org>
>   * Michael Stack                <stack@apache.org>
>   * Christophe Taton             <taton@apache.org>
>   * Thomas E. White              <tomwhite@apache.org>
>
> The initial chair of the PMC will be Owen O'Malley.
>
> Congratulations all!
>
> I've created the following Jira issue to track the migration:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1477
>
> Doug

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Cognizant Development Engineer
Early Detection Research Network Project
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246