hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From edward yoon <webmas...@udanax.org>
Subject RE: [hbase] Use hbase to manage spatial data.
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:41:04 GMT

The goal of GIS is to analyze and display spatial data.
Therefore, It needs an Map Algebra and Query Language for clients, ... , etc.

Of course, i think GI/Raster/Map data can be stored in hbase.
Also, this is a good fit for hbase structure.

But, it's not a part of hbase.

B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.

> From: webmaster@udanax.org
> To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [hbase] Use hbase to manage spatial data.
> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:39:19 +0000
>

> The goal of GIS is to analyze and display spatial data.
> Therefore, It needs an Map Algebra and Query Language for clients, ... , etc.
>
> Of course, i think GI/Raster/Map data can be stored in hbase.
> Also, this is a good fit for hbase structure.
>
> But, it's a part of hbase.
>

> B. Regards,
>
> Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
>

>> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:00:52 +0800
>> From: mafish@gmail.com
>> To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: [hbase] Use hbase to manage spatial data.
>>
>> Hi, Edward:
>> I'm wandering what made you give up you plan and may I have a copy of
>> them?
>>
>> Regards.
>> Mafish
>>
>> On Jan 18, 2008 11:00 AM, edward yoon wrote:
>>

>>> I thought/tried geographic information system using Hbase.
>>> (But i recently removed Plan page on wiki.)
>>>
>>> I think these Extention won't accepted.
>>>
>>> B. Regards,
>>>
>>> Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.

>>> are:

>>> Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
>>> power.
>>> http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan
>>

>> --
>> Mafish@gmail.com
>> Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.

> Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008

Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser!!
http://biggestloser.msn.com/