hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [hbase] table HRegionServer affinity
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:33:57 GMT
stack wrote:
> You might be interested in the PNUTs description here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/PNUTS.  In
> particular see section where it talks of how it does its
> global distribution.
>
> St.Ack

Thanks. Some interesting tidbits there, maybe.

We are also looking at, as an alternative to (ab)using
HBase for distributing data among a global federation of
Hadoop clusters, using a distributed suffix trie on top of
a DHT, with local replication from DST into HBase tables.
It's unclear at this point if this would be any less
difficult than subclassing/adapting region servers and
scanner API and Hbase shell commands for our ends.

Thanks again,

Andrew Purtell
Advanced Threats Research
Trend Micro, Inc, Pasadena, CA USA