hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From edward yoon <webmas...@udanax.org>
Subject RE: About relational algebra operators
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:14:15 GMT

Ok, Let me sweep the inaccuracy issues.

------------------------------

B. Regards,

Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
Home : http://www.udanax.org

> From: webmaster@udanax.org
> To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: About relational algebra operators
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:25:19 +0000
>

> I asked Pig community the idea of merging HBase shell with their work, but they suggested
another idea - to further develop each other's work now and have discussion later.

> I think PIG'll probably lose PIG original identity once they develop their work on top
of HBase.
> Also, PIG will be need an administrative tools for Hbase (table create/alter/drop ...
).

> So, i was suggested to compose an abstract 2d-table only with certain data filtered from
hbase array structure using arbitrary HQL on PIG-6.
> It will be useful option for PIG's extended storage.
>
> Anyway, I got your reply.
>
> Edward.
> ------------------------------
> B. Regards,
>
> Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
> Home : http://www.udanax.org
>

>> From: michael@powerset.com
>> To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org; webmaster@udanax.org
>> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:42:40 -0800
>> Subject: Re: About relational algebra operators
>>
>> If you have a large table, then using hbase shell is probably not a good idea because
it will take too long to run the job. Instead, you need to start a mapreduce job to do the
processing for you.

>> Since pig already exists as a shell that can create mapreduce jobs (like sawzall),
I think it is probably best to work on pig until/unless you find something in their approach
you fundamentally disagree with.

>> -Michael
>>
>> On 12/10/07 6:22 PM, "edward yoon" wrote:
>>

>> Let's assume some data set of Hbase relations can be undergoing many changes by advance
of human culture.

>> We need better relation for these changes.
>> Therefore, I think formal relational algebra operators will be good administrative
tool in hbase shell.
>> We can use relational algebra operators like a administrative tool.
>>
>> Also, it is helpful for temporary simulation situation.
>> Let's assume the tables.
>>
>> 1. huge-webTable ( URL , title, content, image, language, metatag, color, ... , etc
).
>> 2. huge-clickLogTable ( URL , userIP, search_Keyword, ... , etc)
>>
>> And we wnat to categorize web document by language and userIP factors.
>>
>> Then we can make the temporary table using relational algebra operators.
>> ¥ğ language, userIP (webTable ¢¹¢· row = row clickLogTable)
>>
>> Users can easily develop the numeric analysis application program for categorize
document sets using new Relation table.