hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From edward yoon <webmas...@udanax.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE][PLAN] Graduate Hbase Shell as a contrib project
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 05:36:15 GMT

Ok stack, The effort to questionnaire rebuild has just begun.

------------------------------

B. Regards,

Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
Home : http://www.udanax.org

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 21:24:42 -0800
> From: stack@duboce.net
> To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [VOTE][PLAN] Graduate Hbase Shell as a contrib project
>
> Hey Edward, how about we consult first before putting out a call for a
> vote. At least one option is missing as far as I can see: A yes/no on
> whether patches and wiki proposals for
> Matrix+RDF+Relation-Algebra+HQL-Server proposed shell extensions should
> be committed to hbase core. Other folks might want to add other options.
>
> St.Ack
>

> edward yoon wrote:
>> Hi, community.
>> I'm edward yoon, a worker for the 'hbase shell on hbase' and 'RDF, Matrix storage
on hadoop + hbase'.
>> I and other guys who did register for the hbase shell project would graduate as a
contrib project from hbase sub-package.
>> I believe that It will makes the hadoop an even better platform for scientific and
advanced analytics programming.

>> So far, i was work alone for try to become a committer.
>> But, it seems to slow way.
>> I'd like to contribute these at once after internal works after set up and move the
hbase shell code to somewhere under contrib package.

>> So, i propose to graduate hbase shell as a contrib project.
>> If you find portraits of interest, please vote for the contrib project.
>>
>> 1. http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseShell
>> 2. http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/RDF
>> 3. http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/Matrix
>>
>> A significant majority voted against the motion, I'll just entrust the hbase shell
policy to Hbase committers
>> because the complaints of the hbase shell in the hbase is much enough on hadoop list
and chatting room.

>> 1. Risky because it will encourage people to think that the shell is a good way to
interact with HBase in general... [Bryan Duxbury]
>> 2. Shell has outgrown hbase and no longer fits. It belongs in its own project....
[Michael Stack]
>> 3. Why not startup a new project named hbaseshell over on sourceforge?... [Michael
Stack]