hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Goel, Ankur" <Ankur.G...@corp.aol.com>
Subject New to Hadoop
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:33:36 GMT

Hi All,
         My name is Ankur and I am new to Hadoop user
and developer community.  I have recently acquainted
Myself with the Map/Reduce programming paradigm and
Hadoop as a platform for performing Map/Reduce computations
on large amounts of data.

As a part of my medium and long term plans I intent to
continuously use hadoop for executing my Map/Reduce jobs
as well as make active contributions to Hadoop in the form
of patches for existing bugs/features/enhancements that
exist is Hadoop JIRA.

Any recommendations/pointers for the right way of making
contributions thus would greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
-Ankur