hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "11 Nov." <nov.eleve...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any real world heavyweight application based on Hadoop project from Yahoo currently?
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 02:07:34 GMT
Hi buddies,
    I have been tracking hadoop project for a while, and I think I'm a big
fun of hadoop:)
    To my point of view, hadoop is not mature enough to be used in realworld
heavy weight application yet, for example, to build PB level search engine.
So I'm here to ask, as Yahoo is one of the key supporter of Hadoop project,
does there exist any heavy weight, realworld, applications purely based on
hadoop from Yahoo? Or Yahoo have some secret features to make hadoop more
realistic in real applications.
    Acturally, we are going to build a environment of 1000 nodes based on
hadoop technology before 2009. That's a tuff job, right?