hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Taeho Kang" <tka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any real world heavyweight application based on Hadoop project from Yahoo currently?
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 02:52:29 GMT
If your definition of "realworld heavyweight application" is something like
"providing some service to end users." (e.g. file repository service), then
no - Hadoop is not good/mature enough. It lacks such features as security
and access control to be used that way.

But, I think it's suitable and good enough for a lot of "heavyweight work"
that are running internally. (e.g. daily log analysis of internal data.
digitalizing documents.)

And that's probably why you can't find too many references on how others use
Hadoop because most of them probably use Hadoop for their internal works.

--
Taeho Kang [tkang.blogspot.com]
Software Engineer, NHN Corporation, Korea