hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Mukund Madhugiri <muku...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.15.0 (candidate 1)
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 19:33:26 GMT
I am voting -1 for this as I am seeing performance degradation in the Sort benchmarks with
500 nodes. I expect to have an update on the performance problem by tomorrow.

Here is the data on the performance degradation:

Time taken for Sort benchmark on 500 nodes:
- Oct 23: 2.4 hrs
- Oct 25: 2.3 hrs (candidate 0)
- Nov 01: 2.7 hrs (candidate 1)

NOTE: 2.7 hrs is the highest in all the runs over the last month.

Testing done:
Unit tests  (on candidate 0 and candidate 1):
    - Windows
    - Linux

The following benchmark jobs were run on 20, 100 and 500 nodes on candidate 1. The benchmarks
were additionally run on the 900 nodes with candidate 0.
    - TestDFSIO
    - MRBench (aka SmallJobs)
    - NNBench
    - Sort (RandomWriter, Sort, SortValidation)

Thanks,
Mukund