hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "dhruba Borthakur" <dhr...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: JIRA 1700?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:13:22 GMT
Hi Doug,

I have uploaded a first-draft of the design document for HDFS Append
(HADOOP-1700). Would appreciate any comments you might have. I am
especially interested in knowing whether the "Requirements" section of
the document covers your use-case for this feature.

Thanks,
dhruba

-----Original Message-----
From: nuggetwheat@gmail.com [mailto:nuggetwheat@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Doug Judd
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 1:49 PM
To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: JIRA 1700?

We're working on a Bigtable-like system written in C++ and would like it
be runnable on top of Hadoop/HDFS before we release.  Without JIRA 1700,
we're unable to provide durable updates without hacking together some
sort
of workaround.  This is really just a heads up to let you know that
there is
more interest in seeing JIRA 1700 completed.  Thanks!

- Doug
  (doug at zvents dot com)