hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: Changes to hadoop's configuration
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:48:00 GMT
Why did we accept a patch that fundamentally changes the user
experience without requiring that the patch included updated
documentation in forest of javadoc?

I propose that committers should reject feature patches that do not
included documentation.

Thoughts?

---

On a related note, does the release check for mapred-default.xml and
warn if it exists?  Seems like a good idea.