hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by DevarajDas
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 06:14:53 GMT
I think we should also add an available RAM variable and then do a
reasonable job of deriving a bunch of the other variables in these
settings from that (we may need one for task trackers, one for
namenodes and so on.

A lot of the memory related default settings make no sense on the
boxes we use.

What RAM size should we assume is a reasonable default?
2GB? 1GB?

We are currently standardizing on 8.