hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Kellerman <...@powerset.com>
Subject Re: hudson hadoop-patch build
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:22:55 GMT
On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 08:39 +0300, Enis Soztutar wrote:
> AFAIK Hadoop-nightly is killed if it is not terminated in 45 minutes.
> But for the hadoop-patch build, it is. We have seen builds running for
> hours, and worse now for days
> (http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Hadoop-Patch/672/). Can
> we also enable termination after some time for the hadoop-patch build ?

The patch build makes two attempts to build and test the patch, so 45
minutes might not be enough. Maybe 90?

Hudson is supposed to kill long running tests, but often doesn't manage
to do so. I have entered a Jira for this:

If you happen to notice a long running build, please send a message to
this mailing list. Several of us have access to Hudson and can kick a
stuck build.

I wasn't around this past weekend, or I'd have given it a kick.

jim@powerset.com