hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bieniosek <mich...@powerset.com>
Subject Re: binary backwards-incompatibility for 0.14.0
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:02:47 GMT
Well, it's not really fixable unless we want to reinstate the
JobClient(Configuration) constructor.  I assume there's a reason someone
removed it?

We should just be aware that removing overloaded functions is not binary
backwards compatible, and try to minimize these sorts of API changes in the
future...

-Michael