hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject hadoop IRC channel
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:54:43 GMT
I've started a Hadoop IRC channel, for informal Hadoop-related
discussion.  It's at irc.freenode.net and the channel is called ##hadoop.

If you use Gaim, then create an account for irc.freenode.net, specifying
whatever nickname you please, then give the command '/join ##hadoop' in
the messaging window that opens when you connect.  I've not tried any
other clients.

Note that official project business should be conducted on mailing lists
and in Jira, not on IRC.  IRC is only for informal discussions.  No
decisions about the project should be made on IRC, but it might be a
good place to collaboratively develop proposals.

Doug