hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject committers: please set fix-version
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:56:07 GMT
Hadoop committers,

When you commit a patch, please always set the "Fix Version" in Jira.  I
have a filter configured in Jira to find fixed issues with no version
set, and periodically clean these up, but it would be better if
committers always set the fix version when an issue is committed.

Also, please only set a single fix version, the earliest release in
which the fix appears.  We generally include all fixes to earlier
releases in subsequent releases, so there's rarely a need to set
multiple versions, even if the patch must be committed to multiple
branches.  Setting multiple fix versions just causes issues to be listed
in Jira's release notes for multiple releases, which is not generally
what we want.

Thanks!

Doug